Can’t Decide Between 49ers-Seahawks? Here’s Who You Should Pull For
- More likeable quarterback?Russell Wilson seems like an all-around good guy. He’s the winningest QB in his first two seasons as a pro, and he’s got the “underdog” factor (after surprisingly taking Matt Flynn’s spot.) Adding to that, he’s even a little undersized. It’s hard not to cheer for Russell Wilson.Then you’ve got Kaepernick. He’s tattooed, seems a little cocky, and there’s been some negative publicity about his instagram feed lately. BUT WAIT! Turns out Kaepernick spends his time volunteering with children with heart conditions. Man, they’re both...really good guys.
- More likeable coach?Pete Carroll seems like a total goofball - an excitable poodle who jumps at the sound of the doorbell. In other words, he doesn’t seem very intimidating. More cuddly than anything.Jim Harbaugh might have eaten human flesh before.
- More Fun City?Craft beer, coffee, alternative rock.Peace, love, Anchor Steam.
- More likeable fans?Now, I’ve lived on the east coast almost all my life, but both of these fanbases seem like total lunatics. HOWEVER...they’ve decided to take their competitive spirit out by donating to children’s hospitals. How...how am I supposed to pick a better fanbase?See: “Seattle’
- Sympathy factor?They took away the Supersonics. They’re one of the only cities where soccer is pretty successful. And they’ve never won a Super Bowl. Gotta give them the point, right?Oodles of Super Bowls, hometeam of arguably the greatest QB of all time (J.T. O’Sullivan, obviously), and they made the Super Bowl last year. Yep, my sympathy isn’t running that high.
And the winner, with a score of 5-3, is SEATTLE! Although, man. That was a close matchup. My guess is the game will be as well. -Brian Cullen, CBS Local Sports contributor