In his first public comments about the 2012 Connecticut school massacre, the father of gunman Adam Lanza said what his son did couldn’t “get any more evil” and he now wishes his son had never been born.
There’s been no real reduction in the number of U.S. school shootings despite increased security put in place after the rampage at Connecticut’s Sandy Hook Elementary School in December 2012.
Police in Connecticut released thousands of pages of documents Friday from the investigation into last year’s school massacre in Newtown, which could shed additional light on the world of the 20-year-old gunman.
Connecticut authorities said they planned Friday to release state police documents from the investigation into last year’s Newtown school massacre.
Members of the Newtown, Conn., community, including the parent of a teacher killed in a school massacre a year ago, gathered at the National Cathedral Thursday for a vigil to remember those who lost their lives because of gun violence.
A new survey finds that nearly a year after the Sandy Hook school shooting that prompted a nationwide debate on gun control, fewer than half of Americans now support such restrictions.
Investigators are planning to release a long-awaited report on the Newtown school shooting, nearly a year after the massacre of 20 children and six women inside Sandy Hook Elementary School.
On January 16, 2013, Obama laid out 23 executive actions, one of which called on the Department of
Justice to prepare a report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns. The end result, released earlier this week, shows that Maryland had one of the greatest number of firearms reported lost or stolen from Federal Firearms Licensees in 2012.
Newtown held a moment of silence Friday for the victims of the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School at a remembrance event that doubled as a call to action on gun control, with the reading of names of thousands of victims of gun violence.
Some families who lost loved ones in December’s massacre at a Connecticut elementary school say they are very disappointed by the Senate’s defeat of expanded background checks for gun sales and vow to continue their fight.