President Barack Obama said it was a mistake for Sony to cancel its release of “The Interview” after facing threats from North Korea.
The detective work blaming North Korea for the Sony hacker break-in appears so far to be largely circumstantial, The Associated Press has learned.
A former hacker for Anonymous doesn’t believe North Korea has the infrastructure to be behind the Sony hack attack.
The blow that the hacking attack has dealt Sony is spreading beyond the entertainment corporation itself to theater chains and movie goers alike. And the financial toll is adding up too.
Under the threat of terrorist attacks from hackers and with the nation’s largest multiplex chains pulling the film from their screens, Sony Pictures Entertainment took the unprecedented step of canceling the Dec. 25 release of the Seth Rogen comedy “The Interview.”
The unprecedented hack of Sony Pictures which a U.S. official says is linked to North Korea may be the most damaging cyberattack ever inflicted on an American business.
American intelligence officials have concluded that the North Korean government was ‘centrally involved’ in the recent attacks against Sony.
Threats of violence against movie theaters. The New York premiere of “The Interview” canceled. Leaks of thousands more private emails. Lawsuits by former employees that could cost tens of millions in damages.
A North Korean official claims the United States is waging biological warfare with the deadly outbreak in West Africa.
Director of National Intelligence James Clapper was on a high stakes, top secret mission to retrieve two Americans imprisoned in North Korea. But after a stop in Hawaii, he found himself cooling his heels like some coach-flying business traveler.