File photo of hazardous materials technicians.  (Photo credit: Mannie Garcia/Getty Images)

Md. Neighborhood Told to Stay Indoors After Hazmat Incident

About 500 Maryland City residents were briefly told to stay indoors with their air conditioning off after sulfuric acid was discovered leaking from a trailer that was delivering the chemical.


More than 30 people were exposed to pool chemicals at YMCA Camp Letts in Anne Arundel County. (Cameron Thompson/All-News 99.1 WNEW)

More Than 30 Children Evaluated For Chemical Exposure at YMCA Pool in Md.

More than 30 children are being evaluated for possible chemical exposure at a camp pool in Anne Arundel County on Wednesday morning.


File photo of hazardous materials technicians.  (Photo credit: Mannie Garcia/Getty Images)

Man Caught Trespassing in WMATA Garage, Says He Was Mixing Chemicals

A man was caught trespassing Sunday afternoon in a garage in Alexandria, which is closed on weekends.


Fire department evacuates people from apartment building on Battery Lane in Bethesda. (Credit: @HeatherMCurtis1)

FDA Building Evacuated For High Levels of Carbon Monoxide

A Food and Drug Administration building in Silver Spring has been evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.


credit: Stephen Chernin/Getty Images

Mercury Scare At Francis Scott Key Middle

Hazmat crews were called to investigate whether a middle school student exposed others to mercury by bringing the substance onto a school bus and into a Montgomery County classroom Wednesday morning.


A fuel tanker overturned outside a shopping center in Bristow on Friday morning. (Credit: Kevin Patrick/All-News 99.1 WNEW)

Overturned Fuel Tanker Causes Emergency Clean Up in Roadway

A fuel tanker overturned early Friday morning in Prince William County, sparking concerns about a possible gas explosion, officials said.


HazMat spill closes I-95. (credit: Brad Freitas/Twitter)

Phosphoric Acid Spilled in Crash Caused I-95 South Closure, Lengthy Cleanup

The southbound lanes of Interstate 95 have reopened following a lengthy cleanup of a crash involving hazardous materials in Stafford County.


Archive image of fire truck. (Credit: Tim Boyle/Getty Images)

Two Taken to Hospital for Chemical Odor at Rockville Office Building

As many as three people have fallen ill as a result of a possible chemical odor inside an office building in Rockville, fire officials say.



Freon Leak Temorarily Shuts Down Suburban Hospital in Bethesda

A HAZMAT team had to contain a Freon leak at local hospital in Bethesda on Tuesday.



Possible Chemical Spill at St. John’s High School in D.C.

Students at St. John’s High School in Northwest D.C. are being evaluated by hazmat crews.