carbon monoxide poisoning

File photo of crime scene tape. (credit: Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Carbon Monoxide Killed Dad, 7 Kids in Md. Home

A divorced kitchen worker and his seven children were accidentally poisoned by carbon monoxide from the generator they were using to keep warm after their electricity was cut off, police said Tuesday.

04/07/2015

An apartment building in Falls Church is evacuated following a carbon monoxide leak. (credit: Kevin Patrick/All-News 99.1 WNEW)

Md. Woman in Hospital, Dog Dies in Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A Prince George’s County woman is in serious condition and her dog is dead after fire officials say a malfunctioning natural gas water heater caused high amounts of carbon monoxide in her home.

02/23/2015

File photo of fire truck . (credit: Tim Boyle/Getty Images)

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Similar to Flu Symptoms, Officials Warn

The bitter cold has made its way to our area and brought with it a spike in cases of the flu virus. But before you sum up your symptoms of nausea or drowsinees to be the flu, fire officials warn it could be a deadly sickness that has very similar symptoms

01/08/2015

Archive image of ambulance (Credit: Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

Hazardous Material at Group Home Sent Eight People to the Hospital

MDE says that trace amounts of carbon monoxide were to blame for causing four staffers and four residents to become ill at the Parkville group home.

06/17/2013

Maria Garcia with her sons are grateful for the presence of a CO detector that sounded and averted a tragedy. (Credit: MEBRADY)

Oxon Hill Family Dodges Silent Carbon Monoxide Bullet

An Oxon Hill family survived a carbon monoxide threat Tuesday because of proper home protection, prompting Prince George’s County fire officials to remind homeowners to follow their lead.

11/13/2012

(Credit: Gary Fabiano-Pool/Getty Images)

Child, Adult Hospitalized in D.C. for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

One adult and one child have been taken to a hospital after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in a northwest home Monday afternoon.

11/12/2012

DEVELOPING-NEWS

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in NW Row Homes

Two people are in the hospital after high levels of carbon monoxide were found in a D.C. building Thursday.

11/08/2012

Credit: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images

Improper Generator Use Can Lead to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Many are without power in the area but for those with the added measure of a generator to protect them against power loss, they may not be protected from the dangers of the generator itself.

10/29/2012

(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

5 Dead From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Oxon Hill

WNEW has confirmed five people died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Oxon Hill near the corner of Shelby Drive and Carson Avenue.

04/24/2012