Health Topic Center
CBS Washington D.C. Health News
- The Healthiest Fruits And Vegetables Spotlighting the healthiest fruits and vegetables and why you should be eating them.
- Study: Daytime Naps Increase Risk Of Death By One-Third Middle-age and older adults who nap during the daytime are two-and-a-half times more likely to die from respiratory illnesses such as bronchitis and pneumonia due to inflammation in the body.
- 'Bionic Eye' Gives Blind Man Renewed Eyesight A degenerative eye disease slowly robbed Roger Pontz of his vision.
- Study: Childhood Bullying Victims Still Suffer At Age 50 The effects of childhood bullying can last through adolescence, and even negatively affect victims decades later until the age of fifty.
- Obamacare Only Chips Away At Core Goal To Sharply Reduce Number Of Uninsured The federal health care overhaul is providing coverage for millions of Americans, but it has only chipped away at one of its core goals: to sharply reduce the number of people without insurance.
- Kombucha Craze: Wildly Popular Despite Unproven Health Benefits Kombucha's health benefits haven't been fully proven, but that hasn't stopped the fermented drink from becoming wildly popular.
- Study: Diabetic Heart Attacks and Strokes Falling In the midst of the diabetes epidemic, a glimmer of good news: Heart attacks, strokes and other complications from the disease are plummeting.
- Study Finds Signs of Brain Changes in Pot Smokers A small study of casual marijuana smokers has turned up evidence of changes in the brain, a possible sign of trouble ahead, researchers say.
- Study: Snack Might Help Avoid Fight With Spouse A quick candy bar may stave off more than hunger. It could prevent major fights between husbands and wives, at least if a new study that used voodoo dolls is right.
- Gingrich Blasts Ideologues' Behind Health Law Newt Gingrich isn't holding back in his criticism of the Cabinet secretary and others behind the troubled rollout of the health care law.