Latest Real Estate Report
- Study: Half Of US Renters Pay More Than 30 Percent Of Income For Housing A new study from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University finds that nearly 50 percent of renters are “cost-burdened,” meaning they pay more than 30 percent of their income to rent housing. This is nearly double from the less than...
Home Improvement Advice
- 5 Common Mistakes People Make When Painting A Room Avoid the most typical pitfalls do-it-yourselfers make when painting a room.
- Green Roof Vs. Cool Roof Many cities have created goals to reduce their carbon footprint over the next couple of years. One way they have found to do this is through the roofs of buildings, i.e. “green” and “cool” roofs. Find out what a green roof or cool roof is, how much...
- Turn Your Attic Into A Bedroom Dust out the cobwebs, take a look around and create a working plan for turning your dingy storage space into a new, beautiful bedroom.
- Embrace Efficient and Eco-Friendly Home Heating The most environmentally conscious way to heat homes is to embrace efficient heating lifestyle practices. Slight alterations in personal heating practices will decrease heating bills and improve the environmental quality of the home.
- Where To Buy Solar For Your Home In Washington DC Going solar can mean a huge cost savings on your energy bill. Couple that with the frequent and sometimes long-lasting power outages that the DC area has experienced in recent years and more homes than ever are switching to solar. Here are a few...
- Ask An Expert: Staging Your Home on a Budget Balancing out the clutter with the potential of your home is a challenge for any homeowner, but it’s something that can be done successfully, even on a small budget.
- Home Nutrition: Is Trick Or Treating Worth It? It may be hard for parents to lay down a no-candy law for their kids on this sweetly scary night, but should they?
- Ask An Expert: 5 Tips to Winterize Your Closet Unless you have a closet that rivals the size of a small bedroom, the changing of the seasons usually means reorganizing.
- Shhh: Is It Possible To Keep Your Home Private Today? Who's watching you? What are they learning about you? And how can you turn it off?
- The Pros & Cons Of Working From Home Ten percent of the American workforce is currently working from home. Could it work for you?