Latest Tournament News
- Bold Sports Predictions for 2015 I was recently asked to make a bold sports prediction for 2015. My initial response was understandably deemed a bit too racy to be included in CBS’s national piece but I am here to share it with you, unabridged.
- Virginia Beats Maryland 7-3 to Tie Super Regional Kenny Towns had three hits, Artie Lewicki pitched 3 1/3 innings of solid relief and Virginia beat Maryland 7-3 Sunday to force a deciding game 3 of the NCAA Charlottesville super regional.
- Duke Beats Notre Dame 11-9 to Win NCAA Lax Title Duke won its second straight NCAA men's lacrosse championship, holding off Notre Dame's comeback with a goal by Kyle Keenan with 2:39 left to clinch an 11-9 victory Monday.
- Large Crowds Cheer UConn Champion Basketball Teams Huge crowds have turned out for a downtown Hartford victory parade celebrating the national championships won by the University of Connecticut men's and women's basketball teams.
- Rising Star: Kentucky Guard James Young Young scored 20 points for Kentucky last night, twice as many as the next highest-scoring Wildcat, in a 60-54 loss to Connecticut. This was Young's ninth 20-plus point game and he led Kentucky with 17 in the Final Four win over Wisconsin.
- Five Things: UConn’s Defense, Foul Shooting Fuel Championship Last night, the Huskies cut down the nets in Dallas after beating Kentucky 60-54 to win the school's fourth national championship. Consider that Kentucky needed four straight late escapes to reach the final and you get a sense for what kind of...
- Connecticut Wins NCAA Title, 60-54 Over Kentucky Shabazz Napier scored 22 points and Connecticut won its second NCAA title in four years, beating all those Kentucky freshmen 60-54 in the championship game Monday night.