Health Topic Center
CBS Washington D.C. Health News
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Michelle Obama: 'It Can Be Hard' Living In The White House, Being Married To The President First lady Michelle Obama visited with young patients at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis on Wednesday, telling them she was inspired by their focus and courage as they battle life-threatening diseases.
- New Technology Uses Breath To Detect Deadly Diseases Something as simple as your breath could be the most accurate diagnostic tool for everything from asthma to cancer.
- Doctor: Blue Light From Electronics Can Wreak Havoc On Children's Sleep The latest research shows that nighttime exposure to blue light – mainly from computers, smartphones, tablets and e-readers -- is particularly harmful.
- A Medical Re-Awakening To Issues Of Domestic Violence Desiree Cooper, a spokesperson for Planned Parenthood, said many victims of abuse neglect their healthcare needs.
- Poverty Rate Drops For The First Time Since 2006 The Census Bureau found the poverty rate in 2013 was 14.5 percent, down from 15 percent in 2012. White House credits job growth for decline.
- CDC: US Children Consume Too Much Salt According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 90 percent of children in the U.S. aged 6 -18 have too much salt in their diet.
- CDC: 'It's Gone Beyond An Ebola Crisis To A Humanitarian Crisis' The American strategy on Ebola is two-pronged: Step up desperately needed aid to West Africa and, in an unusual step, train U.S. doctors and nurses for volunteer duty in the outbreak zone. At home, the goal is to speed up medical research and put...
- Harkin: Hillary Clinton's 'Fingerprints Are All Over' Obamacare Hillary Rodham Clinton, making her return to Iowa for the first time since the 2008 presidential campaign, implored Democrats on Sunday to choose shared economic opportunity over "the guardians of gridlock" in an high-profile appearance that drove...
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.