Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Vermont State Auditor: Obamacare Adviser May Have Padded Bills A Massachusetts Institute of Technology health economist who made national headlines last year for talking about "the stupidity of the American voter" was a target Monday in a report from the Vermont state auditor saying the economist may have padded...
- Nearly 1 Million Obamacare Customers Received Wrong Tax Information From Government About 800,000 HealthCare.gov customers got the wrong tax information from the government, the Obama administration said Friday, and officials are asking those affected to delay filing their 2014 returns.
- Obamacare Lawsuit: Dems Used Unconstitutional Process To Get Overhaul Through Congress Democrats used an unconstitutional amendment process to get President Barack Obama's signature health care overhaul through Congress, opponents of the law told a federal appeals court Tuesday in one of the latest legal challenges to the act.
- Some States Imposing Fees On Obamacare Plans Sold On Marketplaces The federal government shelled out billions of dollars to get health insurance marketplaces going in the 14 states that opted to run their own. Now they must act like true marketplaces and start paying for themselves.
- New Gruber Video: 'Just Almost Awesome In Its Evilness' States Turning Down Help To Cover Poor People CBS News has uncovered a new video where economist Jonathan Gruber, a consultant who helped the White House craft the Affordable Care Act, says that states who opposed the Medicaid expansion in Obamacare are “not interested in covering poor people.”
- Schieffer: Gruber Obamacare Remarks Show 'Sorry State Of American Politics' CBS News’ Bob Schieffer says he is “dumbstruck” by one-time Obamacare adviser Jonathan Gruber’s current comments about the health care law, saying that his actions are just another example of what’s wrong with American politics.
- Challenge To Obamacare On Contraceptives Rejected A federal appeals court on Friday rejected a challenge to Obamacare that would have enabled non-profit religious organizations to avoid government-approved contraception programs.
- Pelosi Says She Doesn't Know Obamacare Architect, Despite Touting His Work In 2009 House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., downplayed critical comments made by an architect of the Affordable Care Act by saying she doesn’t “know who he is” – although Pelosi’s office has previously stated that they’ve relied on Jonathan...
- 'People Are Going To Be In For A Shock': Penalty For Uninsured Not Signing Up For Obamacare To More Than Triple Americans will see their bank accounts shrink if they don’t sign up for Obamacare in its second enrollment season.
- Romney: 'This Is Really The Last Chance For America To Pass Judgment On The Obama Administration' Claiming new momentum 48 hours before polls open across America, Republicans on Sunday assailed President Barack Obama in a final weekend push to motivate voters as Democrats deployed their biggest stars to help preserve an endangered Senate...