WASHINGTON — Redskins outside linebacker Junior Galette was arrested over the weekend in Biloxi, Mississippi and charged with two simple misdemeanors.

According to the Biloxi Police Department, Galette was seen hitting another individual during a fight outside MGM Park in the city. He ran from officers on scene and was tased for not cooperating with orders to stop. The incident occurred about 10:30 p.m. on Friday.

Galette was charged with disorderly conduct and disobeying a lawful order, processed and released on $500 bond.

Biloxi was hosting an event known as Biloxi Black Beach Weekend and an estimated 60,000 people were in town for concerts and parties as many colleges and universities across the south were on spring break, according to the (Biloxi) Sun-Herald newspaper.

The Redskins said in a statement: “We are aware of the incident. We are gathering information and will refrain from making any further comment.”

Galette — then a member of the New Orleans Saints — was arrested at his home in Kenner, Louisiana in January, 2015 for simple battery/domestic violence. Those charges were later dropped. The NFL did impose its own two-game suspension after he signed with the Redskins that summer.

By then Galette had torn his left Achilles tendon and was out for the 2015 season. He missed two game checks because of that suspension. A civil suit filed by the 22-year-old woman who accused Galette of domestic assault was dropped that August when she stopped pursuing that case.

The NFL’s investigation was completed later that fall and Galette’s suspension was served in November of 2015. Galette was never charged for an incident in Miami in 2013 that appeared to show him striking a woman with a belt during a melee on a beach.

Galette, 29, has missed the past two seasons with torn Achilles tendons. He ruptured his right Achilles last summer just before the start of training camp. He is again on a one-year contract with the team.

Galette had 22 sacks combined in 2013 and 2014 with the Saints before his legal troubles and in-house issues with teammates and coaches led to his departure less than a year after signing a four-year, $41.5 million contract. He was cut by the Saints that July and quickly signed with Washington.

Follow Redskins reporter Brian McNally on Twitter


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

CBSLocal App
Watch Live

Listen Live