Moms are busy enough without having to think of rad new ways to get their kids to eat fruit. Luckily, Lisa Osbourne, founder and editor of the lifestyle blog RaddestMom.com, has a delicious and nutritious snack that kids and parents will both love.
Lisa’s Zespri Kiwifruit and meringue cookie Greek yogurt parfait is a great way to ensure your kids receive their recommended vitamins and nutrients. Zespri Kiwifruit is rich in vitamin C and dietary fibers which help keep your child’s immune system and digestive systems healthy. With one of the highest nutrient adequacy scores among common fruit, Zespri Kiwifruit is the perfect snack to promote everyday good health. And we all know a healthy child is a happy child.
You have too much to do already – don’t spend time clicking through recipe websites. Put your mind at ease with this sweet, delicious and easy-to-make recipe. It’s sure to become a family favorite.
Raddest Mom Meringue Cookie Greek Yogurt Parfait made with Zespri Kiwifruit
- 2 Zespri Kiwifruits
- 1 Zespri Sungold Kiwifruit
- ½ cup vanilla low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup softened cream cheese
- 5 meringue cookies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dice one Zespri Kiwifruit and one Zespri Sungold Kiwifruit into medium chunks and combine in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut remaining Zespri Kiwifruit into large chunks. Set aside.
- Place four meringue cookies inside medium freezer bag and zip the bag closed. Tap the cookies with a spoon until crushed down to bite-sized chunks. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt, cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk together until creamy and smooth.
- In serving cup, set down a layer of yogurt using one-third of yogurt and cream cheese mixture.
- Top mixture with one-half of diced kiwi combination and one-half of crushed cookie chunks.
- Repeat steps five and six until you have used all of the yogurt mixture, diced kiwi mixture and crushed cookie chunks.
- Lay out large kiwi chunks on final layer of yogurt mixture.
- Add remaining whole cookie on top.
For more information, health benefits and fun facts, visit Zespri Kiwifruit.