WASHINGTON — One person was taken to a hospital after a track fire broke out at the Gallery Place Metro station, officials say.
D.C. Fire Department spokesman Doug Buchanan said one person complaining of possible smoke inhalation was taken to a hospital Monday night. He says the person’s injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.
Metro spokeswoman Morgan Dye says there was a report of a “smoldering stud bolt” on tracks at Gallery Place around 6 p.m. Buchanan says a Metro employee put out the fire with a fire extinguisher.
Metro restored train service about an hour later, but green and yellow line service was soon suspended between L’Enfant Plaza and Mount Vernon Square after track personnel discovered more track work was needed. Normal service was restored about three hours later.
Follow CBS D.C. on Twitter
(© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)