Trump Boycotts Fox News: ‘I Won’t Be Doing Any More Fox Shows For The Foreseeable Future’

WASHINGTON (CBSDC/AP) — The never-ending feud between Donald Trump and Fox News continues as the Republican presidential candidate announces he will be boycotting the network.

“.@FoxNews has been treating me very unfairly & I have therefore decided that I won’t be doing any more Fox shows for the foreseeable future,” Trump posted on Twitter Wednesday afternoon.

This comes after Trump took shots at Bill O’Reilly and – once again – Megyn Kelly Tuesday night.

Trump went after “The O’Reilly Factor” for being “very negative” towards him and having the “same-old Trump haters” on.

“I am having a really hard time watching @FoxNews,” Trump tweeted.

He then took more swipes at Kelly, calling her “highly overrated” and stating that she should take another 11-day “unscheduled vacation.”

The feud between Trump and Kelly began during the Republican presidential debate in August when she asked him about negative statements he’s made in the past about women. Kelly had questioned Trump’s history of insults directed at women and whether that kind of language would perpetuate the idea of a Republican “war on women.”

Trump was angered by the line of questioning and later told CNN that Kelly had “blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”

Kelly went on a 10-day vacation shortly after the debate and Trump’s controversial statements. Fox News said in a statement to Mediaite at the time that Kelly’s vacation was already planned and had nothing to do with Trump.

“The conspiracy theories about Megyn Kelly’s vacation rank up there with UFO’s, the moon landing and Elvis being alive. Megyn is on a pre-planned, annual summer vacation with herfamily , which is much deserved. To imply otherwise as Donald Trump and his campaign operatives have is not only wildly irresponsible, but downright bizarre. Perhaps Mr. Trump thinks it’s advantageous to his poll numbers to keep talking about Megyn, but that doesn’t change the fact that Roger Ailes has fully supported her and her tough journalistic questioning since day one and is thrilled with the added exposure from the debate which resulted in even higher ratings of The Kelly File this week. Anyone who knows Roger is aware of how historically and consistently loyal he is to all of his talent and how he protects them at all costs,” Fox News said in a statement.

Fox News chairman Roger Ailes said last month he cleared the air with Trump, telling The Associated Press that the conversation was “blunt but cordial.”

“Donald Trump and I spoke. We discussed our concerns, and I again expressed my confidence in Megyn Kelly,” Ailes said, describing Kelly as “a brilliant  journalist” whom he supports “100 percent.”

Ailes added that he assured Trump “that we will continue to cover this campaign with fairness & balance.”

Trump is currently leading his GOP rivals in the national polls.

(TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live