LANHAM, Md. (WNEW) — A recent report shows that Baltimore is one of the few U.S. cities to rank in a list of the worst cities in the world for violence.
The report on Business Insider says Baltimore is number 36, with about 38 homicides per every 100,000 residents.
It is one of a handful of U.S. cities on the list, which also includes St. Louis at No. 45, New Orleans at No. 26, and Detroit at No. 24.
Thirty-four of the 50 cities listed are in Latin America.
The top 10 most violent cities are:
1. San Pedro Sula, Honduras
2. Caracas, Venezuela
3. Acapulco, Mexico
4. Cali, Colombia
5. Maceió, Brazil
6. Distrito Central
7. Fortaleza, Brazil
8. Guatemala City, Guatemala
9. João Pessoa, Brazil
10. Barquisimeto, Venezuela
More From Maryland
- Redskins Will Finish 5-11, USA Today Sports Predict
- Longtime D.C. News Anchor Jim Vance Dead at 75
- Purple Line Given OK by Federal Court
- Montgomery Co. Officer Charged with Sexually Assaulting Inmate