Morgan State Football Player Died From Heatstroke
BALTIMORE — Autopsy results show that a freshman football player at Morgan State University in Baltimore died from accidental heatstroke.
The state medical examiner’s office announced the findings Monday, two days after 18-year-old Marquese Meadow died.
He had been hospitalized since becoming disoriented Aug. 10 while working out with the team on an 86-degree day.
Meadow’s mother Benita says her son was healthy.
Family’s attorney William McCaskill says Meadow had recently had a physical exam that showed no reason for him to have had any medical problems on the field. He says the family wants to know what happened.
Morgan State spokesman Clint Coleman characterizes the team’s activity on Aug. 10 as more of a “workout” than a practice.
Meadow had played defensive tackle at Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington.
More From Maryland
- Family Who Died of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Laid to Rest
- Off-duty Officer’s Car Taken With Special Needs Child Inside
- Baltimore Police Investigate Officer-Involved Shooting
- Authorities Searching Again for Missing Hoggle Children
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)