UPDATED: Aug. 9, 2014 8:54 a.m.
WASHINGTON (WNEW/AP) — The “House of Cards” series is filming in the District of Columbia this weekend.
The city’s Office of Motion Picture and Television Development has the political thriller filming in the city on Saturday.
A notice on the office’s website says film crews will be shooting “drive-bys,” b-roll, and a mock motorcade scene for the wildly popular web series starring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. However, the pair will not be in D.C. for filming this weekend.
Congress is on vacation & so am I. Sorry but today is a day off. No actors will be filming today in DC. All 2nd unit stuff. #HouseOfCards—
Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) August 09, 2014
Pennsylvania Avenue, Constitution Avenue and Independence Avenue are all listed as being filming locations.
Filming will take place between noon and 10 p.m. at these locations:
• 3rd St NW btw Independence and Pennsylvania Ave
• 7th St NW btw Independence and Pennsylvania Ave
• 9th St NW btw Independence and Pennsylvania Ave
• 15th St NW btw Pennsylvania and Constitution Ave
• Pennsylvania Ave NW btw 3rd and 15th St
• Constitution Ave NW btw 15th and 3rd St
• Independence Ave SW btw 3rd and 14th St
More Entertainment News
- James Corden Takes ‘Late Late Show’ To London In June
- Watch A Sneak Peek Of Idina Menzel On Undercover Boss: Celebrity Edition
- Alex Russell & Kenny Johnson Talk Season Finale Of ‘S.W.A.T.’
- These Are The New Primetime Shows Coming To CBS This Fall
(TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)