College football season is almost upon us, and there’s a long list of good games taking place in the D.C. area.
If you’re a big-time college football fan, here are some must-see games that will be kicking off just down the road this season:
5) No. 7 UCLA at Virginia — Aug. 30
The Cavaliers open their season by hosting the Bruins, who will make the cross-country trip from Los Angeles to Charlottesville. This is the second straight year Virginia is hosting a ranked Pac-12 team at Scott Stadium — they’ll hope for better results than last year’s 59-10 loss to Oregon.
4) No. 8 Michigan State at Maryland — Nov. 15
Nope, this game won’t be taking place on the basketball court. The Spartans are the defending Big Ten champions and will bring the spotlight of the Big Ten Network to College Park for this primetime game. Maryland may be holding on for dear life at this point in its murders-row Big Ten schedule.
3) No. 6 Ohio State vs. Navy (at M&T Bank Stadium) — Aug. 30
The Midshipmen will kick off their season with a bang when they take on the Buckeyes in Baltimore. Ohio State enters the season ranked sixth in the Preseason Top 25 poll. Last season, Navy also played a Big Ten foe in its season-opener — traveling to Bloomington and taking down Indiana, 41-35.
2) No. 17 Notre Dame vs. Navy (at FedEx Field) — Nov. 1
The Fighting Irish make their second-ever trip to FedEx Field (they played Maryland there in 2011) to take on the Midshipmen in front of what is sure to be a packed house. Navy played Notre Dame tough last season in South Bend, losing 38-34 in a thriller.
1) No. 6 Ohio State at Maryland — Oct. 4
The Terrapins have their work cut out for them in their first Big Ten home game. Ohio State is one of the best teams in the conference and a possible national title contender. No matter what the score, there’s guaranteed to be a lot of red in the stands at Byrd Stadium.
Sports News And Rumors
- Joe Ross Ramps Up to 90 Pitches in Win Over Diamondbacks
- New Redskins Center John Sullivan Ready to Roll if Called Upon
- What It’s Like Taking a Bryce Harper Foul Ball to the Face
- Boomer Between The Games: Week 4 Preview With Mike Quick