6 Charged in Stabbing Death of Homeless Man
Get Breaking News First
LANHAM, Md. (WNEW) – Police say six people have been arrested for the fatal stabbing of a homeless man in Suitland, Maryland.
The incident took place around 1:45 a.m. on Tuesday in the 4600 block of Huron Avenue, according to Prince George’s County Police. Officers found 54-year-old Amos Milburn Jones, of no fixed address, suffering from stab wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Cpl. Nate Lewis, a spokesman for county police, tells WNEW’s Cameron Thompson that several of the suspects are members of a local gang, but the attack was not gang related.
A preliminary investigation suggests an argument between Jones and the suspects escalated to the stabbing. The suspects were arrested within eight hours after the incident, police say.
“This is a senseless crime that needlessly ended a man’s life. Such blatant disregard for any member of our community is deplorable,” Police Chief Mark Magaw said in a statement Wednesday.
The suspects are identified as:
- 17-year-old Katherine Abigial Lopez, 4700 block of Arizona Avenue in Las Vegas, Nevada
- 18-year-old Jose Eduardo Menjibar-Alaman, 3100 block of Swann Road in Suitland
- 18-year-old Almicah Sergovir, 2600 block of Colebrooke Drive in Temple Hills
- 18-year-old Jose Martinez Serrano, 3200 block of Swann Road in Suitland
- 20-year-old Oscar Alberto Parada, 3200 block of Swann Road in Suitland
- 23-year-old Jose Irving Guzman Dominquez, 3200 block of Swann Road in Suitland
They are all charged, including Lopez as an adult, with first-degree murder. Police say they have admitted to varying degrees of involvement.
The suspects are being held without bond.