LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC) — Hall of Fame member and former Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino is suing the NFL over concussions, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Citing U.S. District Court records in Philadelphia, the Times reports that Marino and 14 other former NFL players joined the lawsuit against the league last week.
Marino, 52, joins at least 41 other members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, or their estates, who are among about 5,000 former players suing, according to the Times. Former Washington Redskins fullback Rock Cartwright and tight end Robert Royal also have filed lawsuits.
Marino doesn’t mention any specific symptoms, according to the Times, and “boilerplate language” is used in the nine-time Pro Bowler’s complaint.
“On information and belief, the Plaintiff … sustained repetitive, traumatic sub-concussive and/or concussive head impacts during NFL games and/or practices,” the short-form complaint said.
The Times said Marino couldn’t be reached for comment.
Former Redskins players LaVar Arrington and Reed Doughty joined President Barack Obama for a concussion summit at the White House on Thursday.