Man Hurt in Camden Yards Fight Sues Alleged Attackers
BALTIMORE — A man who sustained a head injury in a fight during a ball game at Camden Yards is suing his alleged assailants for $5 million.
The Daily Record reports that Matthew Fortese of Hagerstown filed the suit last week in Baltimore City Circuit Court.
On May 29, 2013, police say Fortese was punched in the head and fell off a 5-foot wall onto a concrete walkway while attending a Baltimore Orioles game. He was taken to Shock Trauma in critical condition.
The lawsuit says 22-year-old Michael Bell of Annapolis and 23-year-old Gregory Fleischman of Jarrettsville were taunting, harassing and throwing things at Fortese and his date.
Bell and Fleischman are charged with assault. Fleischman’s lawyer Jeremy Eldridge says neither he nor his client has been served with the civil suit.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)