Top 5 Stories You May Have Missed This Week
Get Breaking News First
LANHAM, Md. (WNEW) — Here’s what you may have missed, or if you didn’t, what’s worth re-reading this week (April 21-25).
– At least seven women have been fondled against their will by an unknown man in a busy Fairfax County shopping area during the past month, police say.
– A twitpic of a local couple’s themed save-the-date went viral, and for good reason. Does it get more D.C. than this?
– Singer Chris Brown’s trial on a D.C. assault charge was put on hold for months Wednesday after prosecutors declined to grant immunity to his bodyguard, who was tried separately and convicted Monday. The bodyguard will not be allowed testify until his appeal is over.
– The Washington Wizards beat the Chicago Bulls 101-99 Tuesday to take a 2-0 lead in their first-round series. Now, ticket prices are skyrocketing for the team’s first home playoff game since 2008 (tipoff is Friday at 8 p.m.).
– The National Zoo’s director says he’s considering security measures that could fundamentally “change the zoo” after a nearby shooting this week.