Sheriff’s Office: Woman Mixed Cleaners, Died

BERLIN, Md. — The Worcester County Sheriff’s Office says a 75-year-old woman died after cleaning her home in Berlin.

Officials say the woman was cleaning her bathroom at her home at the Lake Haven Trailer Park on Sunday, when she mixed a cleaning product that may have had ammonia in it with bleach, a combination which can create toxic vapors.

The woman was taken to Atlantic General Hospital where officials say she was pronounced dead.

Officials say the incident is still under investigation, but they are reminding people to never mix cleaning products.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live