DeAngelo Hall: ‘I’m One of the Best Shutdown Corners in the League’
More from 106.7 the Fan
WASHINGTON (CBSDC) - DeAngelo Hall is still one of the best shutdown corners in the league, DeAngelo Hall says.
Hall, in an interview with Herkules on 95.5 WPGC on Thursday, was simply asked if he’d be switching positions and transitioning to safety in the upcoming season.
Hall reiterated something he’d said previously – that he is not moving over to safety (at least not yet) — and then in asserting his fertile confidence in his ability to continue to play corner at a high level, issued a pronounced assessment of his own talent.
“I still feel like I’m one of the best shutdown corners in the league,” Hall said. “Until somebody shows me otherwise, I’m gonna keep going out there trying to own Dez [Bryant] and Calvin [Johnson] and A.J. Green, and all those other guys.”
For a point of reference, here’s how each of those three receivers fared against Hall in their most recent encounters:
- Dez Bryant (2013 combined): 12 receptions, 109 yards, 1 touchdown
- Calvin Johnson (2013): 7 receptions, 115 yards, 1 touchdown
- A.J. Green (2012): 9 receptions, 183 yards, 1 touchdown
Now here’s how Hall fared against them in those same games.
- Bryant (combined): 1 interception, 6 yards, 0 touchdowns
- Johnson: 1 interception, 17 yards, 1 touchdown
- Green: 0 interceptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns.
The 30-yard-old corner recently re-upped for four more years with the Redskins.
He recorded 4 interceptions for 49 yards and 2 touchdowns, while forcing 3 fumbles and recovering 1 for a 75-yard touchdown in 2013.