LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC) — This is a recipe for caramelized onion dip created by chef Daniel Horwitz at the Pantry Catering.
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup caramelized onions
- 3-to-4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2-to-1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2-to-1 tsp maggies
- Add salt and pepper to taste
(Optional add-in: 1/3-to-1/2 cup smoked salmon
Veggie option: Instead of salmon, add sun-dried tomato or roasted pepper
Or use to marinate buffalo chicken sandwiches)
Directions: Add butter to high heat, fill onions to top of pot. Heat on high until caramelized, stirring every 1-2 minutes. Chill in fridge. Once chilled, add rest of ingredients.