Gas Leak in Glen Burnie Causes Explosion, Evacuations

LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC) — A gas leak at a home in Glen Burnie, Md., caused an explosion Thursday night, forcing families out into the cold.

Anne Arundel County Police say the explosion caused a small fire at a home in the 1000 block of Meadowvale Road around 7:15 p.m.

Nearby homes were evacuated, according to police, but there is no word on how many homes were affected.

The fire has since been extinguished and no injuries were reported.

However, the smell of natural gas lingered in the air hours after the incident, authorities say.

Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are on the scene assessing damage to the home.

The cause of the gas leak has yet to be determined.

Read more:

(TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live