106.7 The Fan All News 99.1 WNEW CBS Sports Radio 1580

3 Hurt, 5 Displaced by Christmas Morning Fire in Md.

View Comments
Latest News

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

Update: Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:15 a.m.
Original: Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:25 p.m.

SILVER SPRING, Md. (CBSDC/AP) — A Christmas morning fire that sent three people to the hospital and left five without a home for the holidays in Montgomery County appears to be an accident.

The blaze broke out just after 8 a.m. Wednesday in the first floor of a two-story home on Narrows Court in Silver Spring, says Montgomery County Assistant Fire Chief Scott Graham.

One resident — an adult male — suffered burns and was taken to the hospital before fire and rescue personnel arrived at the scene. Graham says two firefighters suffered minor burns and were transported to a local burn center.

The fire caused an estimated $750,000 worth of damage to the home and five people have been displaced, Graham says.

He says the fire was an accident and was apparently caused by improper use of flammable liquids to start a fireplace.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,608 other followers