2 Hurt When Boy Pours Gas on Campfire in Md.

View Comments
Latest News

BEL AIR, Md. — Maryland fire investigators say two boys were injured after one poured gasoline onto a campfire at a party at a Bel Air home.

A group of pre-teens were having a party with a campfire outside a home on Gunston Drive on Saturday night. But the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says when the parent stepped inside the home, a 12-year-old boy grabbed a bottle of gasoline and poured it on the fire.

Officials say that boy and an 11-year-old boy were injured by the resulting flash fire. The 12-year-old was flown to Johns Hopkins Children’s Center and the 11-year-old was taken there by ambulance.

The fire marshal’s office said Monday that both boys are expected to be released soon and charges won’t be filed because no malicious intent was found.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,839 other followers