WASHINGTON (CBSDC) - Precincts all around the D.C. area are participating in a massive initiative to prevent prescription drugs from getting into the wrong hands on Saturday.
Spearheaded by the DEA, the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Initiative is intended to remove potentially dangerous controlled substances and other unused, unwanted and unneeded pharmaceuticals from homes.
Area-residents can surrender pharmaceuticals, controlled substances and other medications to law enforcement officers at various locations throughout the region, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Participating counties include: Fairfax, Arlington, Prince George’s, Montgomery, among others.
The following drop-off points have been established in the district:
- 1st District: 101 M Street, SW
- 1st District Substation: 500 E St SE
- 2nd District: 3320 Idaho Avenue, NW
- 3rd District: 1620 V Street, NW
- 4th District: 6001 Georgia Avenue, NW
- 4th District Substation: 750 Park Road, NW
- 5th District: 1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
- 6th District: 100 42nd Street, NE
- 7th District: 2455 Alabama Avenue, SE
- Wisconsin Baptist Church, 3920 Alton Place, NW
- Sully District Police Station: 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA 20151
- Mason District Police Station: 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003
- Franconia District Police Station: 6121 Franconia Road, Alexandria, VA 22310
Click here to view more locations outside the district.