LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC) – It’s National Dessert Day and if anything it’s another day not to feel guilty about over-indulging in sweets. Oct. 14 is a day to treat your sweet tooth with your favorite decadent treat.
One of the best parts of any meal is always dessert. So grab an extra helping of ice cream, pies, cakes, or gooey brownies. Dip into some cold treats like ice creams, sorbets, and chocolate bars.
For those who can cook, take out the cake pans, switch on the ovens, and experiment with something sweet and delicious.
It’s only a few weeks until Halloween but that doesn’t mean National Dessert Day should be avoided.
Check out some of the best spots in the D.C. area to feed that sugary craving:
- Co co. Sala, a chocolate lounge and boutique in D.C.
- Heidelberg Bakery, a German bakery with yummy European pastries, in Arlington, Va.
- Georgetown Cupcake, the popular D.C. cupcake venue with a T.V. show located in the heart of Georgetown.
- Max Brenner Chocolate Bar, grab a salted caramel milkshake in Bethesda, Md.
- Cocova, a endless supply of chocolate gifts, events, and classes in D.C.
Go ahead, have your cake and eat it, too.
(TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)