WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – Carbon monoxide forced approx. 150 residents to evacuate from a 10-story apartment building in Bethesda on Saturday.
Fourteen people have been hospitalized with six in serious condition due to the high levels of carbon monoxide detected in the apartment building located in the 5000 block of Battery Lane.
Montgomery County Fire was called to the scene for a medical emergency around 11 a.m., and found an adult male suffering from symptoms related to carbon monoxide poisoning.
First responders have isolated the source of the carbon monoxide leak to a generator in the building, according to Montgomery County Fire spokesperson Scott Graham.