UPDATE: Two additional arrests have been made in the slaying of Kenny Diaz, bringing the total number charged to eight.
Ariel Adams, 19, and Gibreal Guled, 32, were taken into custody without incident by U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force on Tuesday, Prince William County Police say.
Both have been charged with abduction and are being held without bond. They are scheduled to go before a judge on December 2.
MANASSAS, Va. (CBSDC/AP) — Six people have been been arrested and charged in relation to the stabbing death of 18-year-old Woodbridge High School senior Kenny Joseph Diaz.
Prince William County police say the arrests were made Monday, after they learned Diaz’s murder was connected to an unreported armed robbery of one of his friends on Sept. 12.
An investigation into the robbery revealed that the murder suspect, 19-year-old Diandra Janae Samuels, of Woodbridge, robbed Diaz’s friend. On Sept. 21, Diaz and others went to Samuels’ home, on the 14300 block of Bellona Road, with a gun to confront her.
But one of Samuels’ friends got control of the gun. The people who accompanied Diaz to the home fled on foot; Diaz was not able to get away. Police say Samuels’ friends abducted Diaz while he tried to escape.
Samuels and the others forced Diaz into a car and drove to Marumsco Acre Lake Park where police say Samuels stabbed Diaz, who was later found in the park bleeding from his stomach. Diaz was taken to the hospital where he died.
Police say the all the encounters leading up to the stabbing were drug-related.
Additional charges and arrests are forthcoming, but authorities say the main parties involved have been apprehended.
Aside from Samuels, who is charged with murder, aggravated malicious wounding, abduction, armed robbery, and the use of a firearm in commission of a felony, the following people have also been charged:
- Dominic Glenn Smith, 26, of the 14600 block of Earlham Court in Woodbridge — Charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and abduction
- Deneen Antoinette Williams, 29, of the 14300 block of Bellona Road in Woodbridge — Charged with abduction
- Renee Claytor Caples, 22, of the 14300 block of Bellona Road in Woodbridge — Charged with abduction
- Teena Marie Gerbozy, 24, of the 14300 block of Bellona Road in Woodbridge — Charged with abduction
- Gregory Allan Bonds, 22, of the 15900 block of Ensbrook Lane in Woodbridge — Charged with abduction
Diaz was a reserve player for the Woodbridge High School Vikings.
(TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)