Tech Firm CEO Says No Personnel Issues With Alexis

View Comments
An Alabama man said Thursday that his family was confronted by Washington Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis at an airport in southeastern Virginia last month. (Getty)

An Alabama man said Thursday that his family was confronted by Washington Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis at an airport in southeastern Virginia last month. (Getty)

Latest News

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

WASHINGTON — The CEO of an IT-consulting company where Aaron Alexis once worked says the suspected gunman in the Washington Navy Yard massacre had “no personnel issues” he was aware of.

Thomas Hoshko of The Experts, a Florida-based company that contracts with the U.S. military, also says a background check of Alexis as recently as July revealed no criminal history.

Authorities believe the 34-year-old Alexis, a former Navy reservist and information technology employee with a defense contractor, fatally shot 12 people at the Navy Yard on Monday before being killed by police.

He was arrested in connection with shootings in 2004 and 2010 in Texas and Seattle but wasn’t charged.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,651 other followers