LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC) – Several roads will be closed in anticipation of the March on Washington Realize the Dream March and Rally, Saturday morning.
Metropolitan police have decided to close a number of streets starting at 5 a.m.
The following roads will be closed from 5 a.m. until the end of the rally:
- Buckeye Drive between the Southeast/Southwest Freeway and Ohio Drive on the Potomac River side
- Ohio Drive from Potomac Freeway to Parkway Drive
- Ohio Drive from exit of Hains Point to the Potomac Freeway to include A, B, and C Lots
- Rock Creek Parkway between Virginia Avenue and Parkway Drive
- Independence Avenue SW between 15th and 23rd Streets to include the Tidal Basin Parking Lot
- 15th and Maine Avenue to the merge at Independence Avenue
- 17th Street between Constitution Avenue and Independence Avenue
- Henry Bacon and 23rd Street
- Lincoln Memorial Circle
- West Basin Drive
In addition to those closures, the National Park Service will also close the following roads from 5 a.m. – 6 p.m.:
- Westbound ramp from I395 to Maine Avenue, SW-All traffic will be diverted to the 12th ST Tunnel
- Ramp from 9th Street tunnel to westbound Maine Avenue, SW-all traffic will be diverted to outbound I 395
- 1200 block Maiden Lane merge with Maine Avenue, SW-all traffic will be diverted to northbound 14th Street, SW
- Southbound Potomac River Freeway and ramp to Independence Avenue-traffic will be diverted to the outbound Theodore Roosevelt Bridge
- Ramp from outbound E Street Expressway to Ohio Drive-all traffic will be diverted to outbound Theodore Roosevelt Bridge
For more information on events celebrating the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, click here.