WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – Metro delays will stretch to all five lines from Friday, June 28, through Sunday, June 30, as part of an ongoing rebuilding effort.
While no station closures will be implemented, service will be adjusted along each line.
Metro will operate as follows on the Red, Orange, Blue, Yellow and Green lines:
Red Line: Trains operating every 20 minutes between Shady Grove & Glenmont throughout the weekend.
- Additional trains between Shady Grove & Farragut North: Service every 10 minutes, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Additional trains between Glenmont & Judiciary Square: Service every 10 minutes, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- If connecting between the Green line and the eastern side of the Red line, Metro suggests making the transfer at Fort Totten.
- If connecting between the western side of the Red line and the Blue/Orange lines, Metro suggests trying Farragut Crossing. You can transfer for free with a SmarTrip card by walking between Farragut North and Farragut West.
Orange Line: Trains operating every 24 minutes throughout the weekend.
Blue Line: Trains operating every 24 minutes throughout the weekend.
Yellow Line: Trains operating every 24 minutes between Huntington & Mt. Vernon Square throughout the weekend.
- If traveling to/from stations north of Mt. Vernon Square, Metro suggests using a Green line train to complete your trip.
- All Yellow line trains traveling in both directions will arrive on the same platform at L’Enfant Plaza this weekend. You are advised to follow signs within the station to identify the appropriate platform.
Green Line: Normal service between College Park & Branch Avenue. Extra time to/from Greenbelt only.
- Green line trains will operate at regular weekend intervals between College Park & Branch Avenue stations. Regular weekend intervals are every 12 minutes during daytime hours and every 15-20 minutes at other times.
- Every other Green line train will run between Branch Ave. & College Park only due to a single-track work zone between Greenbelt & College Park.
- Passengers traveling to or from Greenbelt may experience travel times up to 15 minutes longer than normal.
Follow WNEW on Twitter.