Fireworks Blamed for Md. House Fire

ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Anne Arundel County fire officials say improperly discarded fireworks started a fire at a house in the Providence community east of Annapolis.

Firefighters called to the home early Tuesday found flamed coming from the roof of garage attached to the two-story home on Providence Road. It took 29 firefighters a half hour to control the one-alarm fire.

Officials say investigators determined that used legal fireworks placed in a trash can inside the garage had started the blaze. Damage to the home and two vehicles inside the garage is estimated to be $250,000.

Three people in the home were able to escape before firefighters arrived and no one was injured.

Follow WNEW on Twitter.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live