The Week in Sports
Here’s what you may have missed, or if you didn’t, what’s worth re-reading this week (June 17-21).
– Led by LeBron James, the Miami Heat won a second straight NBA championship, beating the San Antonio Spurs 95-88. MORE: http://cbsloc.al/19mQGtO
– Tiger Woods announced that he’ll be missing his own annual event, the AT&T National at the Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, due to an elbow injury. MORE: http://cbsloc.al/1bWxSB0
– Bryce Harper’s absence from the Nats’ lineup has cast a tremendous shadow over the team’s offensive production, but his return may be imminent. MORE: http://cbsloc.al/16hbhxN
– New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez had a connection to a homicide victim found in an industrial park near his home, and is now being investigated. MORE: http://cbsloc.al/11V2iik
– Davey Johnson says the Nats, a young team struggling to re-create the magic they surprised everyone with last season, are “over-thinking” it at the plate this year. MORE: http://cbsloc.al/12bg7YP
Follow 106.7 The Fan on Twitter.