Hazardous Material at Group Home Sent Eight People to the Hospital
Get Breaking News First
PARKVILLE, Md. (CBSDC/AP) — Maryland Department of the Environment have found the culprit that sent eight people to the hospital Sunday night.
MDE says that trace amounts of carbon monoxide were to blame for causing four staffers and four residents to become ill at the Parkville group home.
Baltimore County paramedics were called to the home on Hillcrest Avenue late Sunday night for an unconscious person.
Officials say the person was taken to Franklin Square Hospital, but paramedics were called back early Monday when several other people also felt ill. Four staffers, including one who called for assistance after she went home, and four residents were taken to area hospitals. Six of those patients were later transferred to Shock Trauma.
Fire officials said late Monday that personnel detected high levels of carbon monoxide. The source of the CO was not clear.
Follow WNEW on Twitter.
(TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)