The Week in Sports
Here’s what you may have missed, or if you didn’t, what’s worth re-reading this week (June 3-7).
– RGIII said he will “without a doubt” be fully recovered from knee surgery and in uniform when the Redskins open training camp on July 25 in Richmond. MORE
– Stephen Strasburg got a different type of shutdown, a stint on the disabled list because of a strained muscle in his back. MORE
– It was announced that four men will stand trial for the home invasion/shooting death of former Redskins safety Sean Taylor beginning in August. MORE
– The Nationals shook things up in the first full week of June. The team sent second baseman Danny Espinosa to the disabled list, designated reliever Henry Rodriguez, and called up Anthony Rendon for the second time this season. MORE
– The founder of a Miami anti-aging clinic has agreed to talk to Major League Baseball about players linked to performance-enhancing drugs. Gio Gonzalez is not expected to be among those suspended, but other big names could be. MORE
Follow 106.7 The Fan on Twitter.