Study: College Park One of Best ACC Towns For Fans
LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC) — University of Maryland, College Park has come in second place on a real estate blog’s list of the best Atlantic Coast Conference college towns for sports fans.
As Terps fans know, the University of Maryland will leave the ACC in 2014 and join the Big Ten, where it will have an entirely new list of worthy competitors. But, for old times’ sake, they should rejoice about the success over schools like Florida State, the University of Virginia and, most importantly, Duke.
College Park came behind only the University of Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Movoto Real Estate says its rankings were based on factors like sports bars per capita, the number of sports radio stations each town receives, the average season ticket price for basketball and football games, average fan attendance, number of national championships and conference titles and the number of wins over rival schools.
Here’s the full list:
1. Chapel Hill, North Carolina (University of North Carolina)
2. College Park, Maryland (University of Maryland)
3. Clemson, South Carolina (Clemson University)
4. Raleigh, North Carolina (NC State)
5. Durham, North Carolina (Duke University)
6. Coral Gables, Florida (University of Miami)
7. Charlottesville, Virginia (University of Virginia)
8. Atlanta, Georgia (Georgia Tech)
9. Tallahassee, Florida (Florida State)
10. Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts (Boston College)
11. Blacksburg, Virginia (Virginia Tech)
12. Winston-Salem, North Carolina (Wake Forest)
For more info, visit Movoto’s blog.
Follow WNEW on Twitter.