Two Taken to Hospital for Chemical Odor at Rockville Office Building

LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC) — Two people have been taken to the hospital as a result of a chemical odor inside an office building in Rockville, fire officials say.

The odor was reported around 9:15 a.m. Tuesday in a building in the 100 block of Rockville Pike. The building was evacuated for nearly an hour as a result of the odor.

Hazmat crews say the odor was caused by concrete solvent and poses no safety hazard.

The occupants of the building are being allowed to return to their offices.

Follow WNEW on Twitter.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live