LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC) — Buildings from Washington to Japan will light up pink this week for the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
Starting Wednesday, buildings throughout the nation’s capital and Tokyo will project cherry blossoms and light up pink every night at 8 p.m. as part of the City in Bloom event, which runs through Sunday.
RELATED: 2013 Cherry Blossoms Guide
Nearly a dozen buildings in the District will take part in the event. They are:
- Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center – 1300 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
- John A. Wilson Building – 1350 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
- Newseum – 555 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
- Brookfield Office Properties – 1625 Eye St. NW
- Capitol Riverfront – 300 Water St. SE
- Hard Rock Café – 999 E St. NW
- Hines – One Franklin Square – 1301 K St. NW
- Union Market – 1309 5th St. NE
- Reagan National Airport – 1 Aviation Circle
- 690 Water St. SW
- 601 F St. NW
This year will be the first that Japan will participate in the event. Hard Rock Cafe in Tokyo will be lit up for the duration of the festival, as will Hard Rock Cafe in D.C. Blue Note Tokyo, a jazz club in Japan, also will join in with pink lighting.
MORE CHERRY BLOSSOMS:
Follow WNEW on Twitter.