Watch out for road closures traveling through the District Saturday and Sunday as some special events planned for the area could throw a wrench in yours.
Cupid’s Undie Run – a charity run benefitting the Children’s Tumor Foundation – will cause closures along the following streets from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday:
- Pennsylvania Avenue from 2nd to 4th streets SE
- Independence Avenue from 1st to 2nd streets SE
- First Street between Independence Avenue SE and Constitution Avenue NE
- Parking will be restricted in the 200 and 300 blocks of Pennsylvania Ave. SE during the same stretch of time.
On Sunday, a Chinese New Year parade will close multiple streets in the Chinatown area of downtown. General pedestrian crowding will also cause delays for drivers along the streets surrounding the parade route.
The following streets will be closed Sunday during the designated times:
- H Street NW, between 6th and 7th Streets NW – closed from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- I Street, from 5th to 7th Streets NW – closed from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 7th Street NW, from I to G Streets NW – closed from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- G Street NW, from 7th to 9th Streets NW – closed from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 8th Street NW, from G to H Streets NW – closed from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- H Street NW, from 8th to 6th Streets NW – closed from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.