Bowie Home Fire Displaces Family

LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC)- Two adults and seven children were displaced when a fire damaged a home on the 15500 block of Empress Way in Bowie Wednesday evening.

The Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department said a malfunctioning chimney was the apparent cause of the blaze, which drew about 40 firefighters to the scene but was mostly contained to a single townhouse in the middle of a row of homes.

Follow WNEW on Twitter.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live