Officials Believe a Dog Started a Va. House Fire

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va.— A dog is being blamed for starting a fire that heavily damaged a Virginia Beach home.

City fire spokesman Tim Riley says officials believe the Rottweiler’s paw hit a knob as the dog was going after food stored above a gas stove.

Media outlets report the stove ignited the kitchen cabinets in the one-story home.

No one was home at the time. A neighbor rescued the dog before firefighters arrived.

Follow WNEW on Twitter.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live