Electrical Fire Clears Out Iverson Mall
Get Breaking News First
HILLCREST HEIGHTS, Md. (CBSDC) - Customers were escorted out of a mall in Prince George’s County Tuesday after an electrical fire sparked in one of the stores.
The fire department had to shut down power to Iverson Mall in Hillcrest Heights for an electrical issue around 1:30 p.m.
Fire officials say a utility company working in the area struck an underground power line which sparked the fire and filled the mall with smoke.
Everyone was evacuated and the mall will remain closed the rest of the night.
No one was injured.