Electrical Fire Clears Out Iverson Mall

HILLCREST HEIGHTS, Md. (CBSDC) – Customers were escorted out of a mall in Prince George’s County Tuesday after an electrical fire sparked in one of the stores.

The fire department had to shut down power to Iverson Mall in Hillcrest Heights for an electrical issue around 1:30 p.m.

Fire officials say a utility company working in the area struck an underground power line which sparked the fire and filled the mall with smoke.

Everyone was evacuated and the mall will remain closed the rest of the night.

No one was injured.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live