SPRINGFIELD, Va. (CBSDC) – A groping incident near a high school in Springfield Tuesday may be connected to the serial groper, making it the 12th related incident since September.
Fairfax County Police responded to Robert E. Lee High School in the 6500 block of Franconia Road for a reported sexual assault of a minor, according to 9News Now.
A spokesperson for Fairfax County Schools confirmed the incident did not occur on school grounds, but it did happen nearby.
Police have not confirmed any connection between the latest incident and the attacks on 11 women in the same area.
The most recent incident occurred on Nov. 21 when a 36-year-old woman reported being groped from behind at the intersection of Amherst and Cumberland Avenue in Springfield.
Timeline of Other Attacks:
- Nov. 19: Woman grabbed from behind in the 7200 block of Commerce St.
- Nov. 1: 42-year old grabbed in the 6000 block of Hibbling Ave.
- Nov. 1: 23-year old groped at bus stop on 7200 block of Commerce St.
- Oct. 25: Woman fondled while walking near Lake Pleasant and Edinburgh Dr.
- Oct. 4: (Reported) 25-year old woman groped walking near Cumberland Dr. and Dinwiddie St.
- Oct. 2: 15-year old girl attacked near Hibbling Ave. and Exmore St.
- Sept. 27: 17-year old girl grabbed in the 5900 block of Erving St.
- Sept. 19: 40-year old woman fondled near Hibbling Ave. and Exmore St.
- Sept. 18: 16-year old girl grabbed in the 6700 block of Metropolitan Center Dr.
- Sept. 7: 26-year old woman fondled in the 7200 block of Monticello Blvd.