FALLS CHURCH, Va. (CBSDC) – The students of Mount Daniel School in Falls Church were jumping for joy when they got to leave school early Thursday, but the school’s administrators were stuck dealing with a wet, gaseous mess.

Students were sent home in the afternoon after a water main break in the school.

When utility crews arrived to restore water service, they accidentally cut through a gas line, adding a gas leak to the equation.

The remaining staff was evacuated around 2 p.m.

Police and fire officials are on the scene investigating the leak as utility crews work to restore gas and water.

No one was injured.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

CBSLocal App
Watch Live

Listen Live