Laurel Kitchen Fire Started From Plastic Container in an Oven

View Comments
Fire started from a plastic container that was thrown into the sink. (Credit: Howard County Fire Department)

Fire started from a plastic container that was thrown into the sink. (Credit: Howard County Fire Department)

Latest News

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

LAUREL, Md. (CBSDC) - Firefighters are on the scene of a kitchen fire in Howard County where officials say the source of the fire was a plastic container in the oven.

Howard County firefighters responded to a call in the 9100 block of Knox Court in Laurel shortly after 5 p.m. on Tuesday.

Officials say the blaze eminated from a plastic container in the oven of the home.

When it was being discarded into the sink, the flames from the container caught the blinds in the window above the sink then spread to the cabinets.

The fire was quickly extinguished.

Firefighters on the scene tore out some of the drywall to make sure there was no fire lurking where it could not be seen.

Officials say the fire could have been much worse if it had burned just a few more minutes untouched.

No one was injured.

the fire did not extend past this point in the kitchen but could have been much worse howard county fire department Laurel Kitchen Fire Started From Plastic Container in an Oven

The fire did not extend past this point in the kitchen but could have been much worse. (Credit: Howard County Fire Department)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,652 other followers