NEW CARROLLTON, Md. (CBSDC) — Firefighters battled a three-alarm fire at an apartment building in New Carrollton on Monday.
The blaze began around 1 p.m. and extended into the attic area of a top-floor apartment in the 5300 block of 85th Ave.
The fire was isolated to one of three attached garden-style buildings. Firefighters were able to control the bulk of the fire by 1:40 p.m.
The fire has been ruled an accident due to a malfunctioning natural gas stove, with damages estimated to be in the range of $750,000.
At least eleven apartments in the building will be uninhabitable from fire, heat, smoke and water damage.
Residents of two attached buildings may also be displaced due to a lack of utilities.
No one was injured.
In the video below you can see firefighters as they pull up to the scene of the fire.
Follow WNEW on Twitter.